Trumps Bridge Centre
ENTER A BRIDGE COMPETITION WITH A DIFFERENCE
We seek human interest stories with minimum technicality and maximum entertainment that illustrate why bridge is a passion, not just a game. Submissions, anecdotes and other creative bids will be judged by an independent panel and prizes awarded. What is your best tale?
WRITING COMPETITION DETAILS
- We invite you to write a story or essay of between 500 and 1500 words defining the nature of the passion for bridge as you have experienced or observed it.
- Alternatively, if not attracted to writing a story, you may care to offer a shorter piece, for example: your favourite bridge anecdote, a joke or poem, or your bridge partner’s most colourful point-scoring aphorisms. What was the funniest bridge incident you ever observed? What was the most amusing thing your bridge teacher ever said?
- Your submission (de-identified) will be judged by an independent panel.
- There are prizes for the top 3 pieces, plus other prizes and commendations:
1st prize $1000
2nd prize $500
3rd prize $250
With the hand below, South opened a game force, then bid spades next round. South has one obvious diamond loser and the chance of losing something in hearts, but after North showed spade support, South decided that slam was worth a go. Perhaps North would have a useful card (such as the HQ) or the hearts might come good (on a successful finesse, for example).
Plan as South your play in 6S, on the lead of the CA:
- Beginners' Lesson - Mon Eve (Mondays 7.30pm from 4 Aug)
- Beginners' Lesson - Tue Morn (Tuesdays 10.30am from 5 Aug)
- Beginners' card play series (Mondays 7.30pm from 8 Sep)
- Declarer Play (Fridays 1.20pm from 22 Aug)
- Improver Lessons (Thursdays 1.30pm from 31 Jul)
- Intermediate Lessons (Tuesdays 1.30pm, from 29 July)
- Sharpen up your card play (Sunday 1.30pm on 17 Aug)
- Sunday Funday Bridge (Every Sunday Arvo 1.30pm)
You can download and view our latest program schedule showing all regular (novice/supervised/intermediate/duplicate) sessions plus lessons and special events.
- Hats Special
- Bridge Holiday- Dormie House 2013
- 25th Birthday Party 2013
- Melbourne Cup 2013
- Bridge with Tourists
- Trumps Festival of Bridge
- Derrick's interview 11.04.2014
Welcome to Trumps, a large and friendly bridge clubs, with about 1000 members. We are a strong teaching club and have duplicate bridge sessions most days and nights, including many supervised sessions. Contact us.
Where we are
Trumps is at 66 Spit Road, Mosman, right near the corner of Spit & Ourimbah Roads. Click the map for a larger image. It is on a major bus route and there is plentiful parking nearby - but do note the clearway times.
Bridge with class
Enjoy a friendly game of duplicate bridge with a touch of class.
Cappuccinos and other light refreshments available as you play.
Easy access, ground floor premises in Sydney's lower north shore.
Table money is only $10 for members, $13 for visitors. Lessons, training and coaching for players of all standards is generally $12 for members, $15 for visitors.
Membership is $50 for a full year (+$1 for credit card) with a $40 joining fee and receivea quarterly bulletin of news, views and tips; discounts on play sessions and lessons; and membership of the ABF if you choose us as your home club.
Why join Trumps?
We invite you to become part of our friendly bridge playing community. Learn, play and be with friends!
Find out more about what joining Trumps offers.
What our members say
'Just a short note to thank you for putting together such a great adventure to Antartica. Without Derrick's tireless leadership of our group, the voyage would have been limited to the spectacular scenery only. Working behind the scene, you made our venture a holiday never to be forgotten.'
'Your course yesterday was excellent — informative with not a minute wasted. How you coped with that crowd I don't know — it seemed effortless. You may have to book Mosman Town Hall for your next course (which my partner and I wish to book in for now)!'
'Dear everyone at Trumps, I was quite overwhelmed to receive your card — it made me feel very special. I miss Trumps very much indeed — it was a big part of my life for over 20 years.'
'Did you know that I'm a member of the best bridge club in Sydney? Free lessons before play, rewards for winning the session played, a bulletin which I always look forward to. Well done!'
Trumps publishes a regular eNewsletter Trumps Update on the numerous bridge events, holidays and learning opportunities available through the Centre. Simply subscribe using the form in the left hand column to be included on the distribution list. Forwarding this Update to your friends might also be a great way of encouraging them to pick up the great game.